PRE – POST FITNESS WORKSHOPS
CORE TRAINING EXERCISE SPECIALIST – PETE MCCALL
Core Training is an overused term in the fitness world. What does core training mean? Does the body even have specific core muscles? Traditional exercises for the body and midsection typically have clients lying on the ground focusing on the concentric phase of muscle action in a single plane of motion which does not effectively prepare the muscles for the forces they will experience during upright, ground-based movements. In this workshop you will learn why every muscle in the body can be considered part of the core and, more importantly, how to design a training program that prepares the body to produce, stabilize and control forces in a three-dimensional environment, the way the muscles actually work. Understand how the human body functions during upright movement. Any muscle that influences movement of the spine or pelvis can be considered a ‘core muscle.’ Learn how to design and apply exercises to help your clients move more efficiently as well as look better.
- Identify the anatomy of the core region of the human body.
- Explain how core muscles are designed to function in upright, ground-based movements.
- Design an exercise program to develop optimal stability, mobility, strength and power in the muscles of the core region.
- Lead a core training program to train clients or group exercise class participants to maximize movement efficiency.
IF YOU’RE NOT ASSESSING YOU’RE GUESSING – DAVE LIOW
How can you best help your client when they come to see you? What assessments can you quickly and easily do in 30 minutes that relate to writing a great programme and reduce the risk of your client running into trouble once they start exercising?
Learn assessments that matter. We’ll take you through key assessments that we’ve developed over the last 25 years of practice. What you miss can hurt your clients. Learn to assess – not guess
- Understand the concept of movement platforms
- Understand the concept of movement shunting
- Be able to perform simple tests of:
- Lifestyle factors
- Weight shift
- Foot structure
- 1st MTP motion
- Ankle dorsiflexion
- Hip structure and assessment
- Thorax assessment
- Systemic flexibility
- Be able to perform self-corrections for:
- 1st MTP restriction
- Ankle dorsiflexion
- The thorax
- Lower body mobllity
- Understand the importance of considering the stress load on clients when prescribing an exercise programme
PHYSIQUE SPECIALIST LEVEL 1 & 2
Achieving an aesthetic physique seems to be getting immensely popular among high school kids, college students, corporate executives, dads and mums! Many of them look for personal trainers to help them achieve their goals, be it for self-improvement or competitive reasons, via a natural and healthy transformation programme.
Learn how to design and implement transformation programmes for these clients based on internationally approved principles, combined with the exposure of various tried and proven strategies for better body composition, muscle size and muscularity. Yes, it’s both science and experience in this power- packed 3-day physique specialist course.
- Identify the goals of physique in aesthetic sports
- Science and strategies for muscle growth and fat loss
- Understand what factors may limit hypertrophy
- Encourage healthy and effective eating habits for muscle growth and fat loss
- Efficient training techniques to recruit desired muscle fibre for optimal growth
- Programming for different goals in aesthetic sports
- Effective posing techniques